Monday, April 20, 2009

The Future is Today

Back in December I posted an entry on this blog about how observing my daughter do a homework assignment had made me rethink the way we need to approach presenting information. In business we are still bound to the book paradigm that was created in the nineteenth century, and that we, as "adults," are more comfortable with because it's the way that we were taught to find and assimilate information.

My conclusion was that today's generation approaches information gathering and learning based on a different more chaotic model, where social interaction is more important than structure. In short to survive and prosper we should start designing information not for ourselves, but for the next generation.

Today I came across this video - which makes the point much better than I ever could - the video's focus may be education, but it applies just as well to the future of corporate communications.

No comments: